Friday, September 28, 2012

Our Nauvoo Temple Trip

 These are the pictures I took from our drive from Iowa City to Nauvoo. They are all taken from the car so  some of them might have a little bit of a reflection. This picture is us crossing the Mississippi River.

 This is Tyler and I crossing into Illinois. :)
 This is the Mississippi River from the temple grounds.
 The Nauvoo Temple. Which was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. But I will say it is one of the most beautiful temples I have ever been in.




 This View was from the River bank. I just loved how you could see the temple from there. It was breath taking how the temple rose up from the trees.
 The top building is a random Building and below that  is the bank of the Mississippi River. (Which was really muddy and gross.) But mostly HUGE! I Couldn't believe that the river froze enough for the pioneers to cross it with wagons!

We found this little treasure on the way home to Iowa City. We both thought it was interesting that there are a lot of signs that just say JESUS on them here.


We didn't stop and look around because Tyler and I were so exhausted. But we will definitely look around old Nauvoo the next temple trip. (since it is our temple after all) Since Nauvoo is 2 hours away, it just makes the temple even more important and difficult to get to. I would encourage those who haven't gone in a while to go. Even if it is far away. It is a great experience to feel close to the lord and to surround yourself with beauty. You will have some of the most memorable memories there. Well at least I have. :)

Love,
The Mellings

No comments:

Post a Comment